The Forest Talks
Guided Hikes each month through October
The forest and its inhabitants have a lot to tell us about the places we call home, and we are fortunate to have some of the most unique and species-diverse forests of the entire east coast in the Southern Tier of New York. These walks bring participants to some of the more majestic forests of the finger lakes.
Local ecologists & foresters will be our guides as we learn to see the forest through the eyes of experience. Each hike is limited to 15 participants to keep the group size appropriate for learning in the woods.
This month, we will walk with Akiva Silver and explore “Gifts from the Trees” at a local forest preserve. The class meets at 5pm on Wednesday, July 26.
Cost is sliding scale $10 – 20/person based on what you can afford. No one turned away for lack of funds.
August 30: Patterns in the Forest with Steve Gabriel
September 20: Thinning the Woods for Health with Brett Chedzoy
October 25: Cycles in the Forest with Mike Demunn
Saturday, Aug 26th
Tours of Permaculture Farms, Gardens, Parks, & Homes
- Various locations within an hour of Ithaca, N.Y., 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- See examples of permaculture design. Meet the designers and practitioners.
- Plants, seeds, food, medicine and others gifts are for sale at many of the working farms.
- An online map will be found at FingerLakesPermaculture.org.
- Self-organize carpools and routes: https://www.groupcarpool.com/t/zc5jre
- Visit http://fingerlakespermaculture.org/4th-annual-finger-lakes-permaculture-weekend/ for more information on this weekend